An innovative thought leader who produces and manages quality, on-brand, results-focused, content from conception to execution and analysis. Proficient in social media marketing, customer engagement and retention tactics. Adept at working across many teams while handling multiple projects. Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Fluent in WordPress, Drupal and Google Analytics.
Digital Marketing Strategy · Content Strategy · Branded Content · Content Creation Audience Development · Lead Generation · Project Management · Native Advertising · SEO/SEM
Director of Content and Planning
February 2017 - April 2018
What Should We Do?!, New York, NY
Led strategy, execution, and distribution of daily content. Responsible for all customer communication platforms (blog, email newsletters, social media, and in-app content.) Collaborated with marketing team on lead generation campaigns and partnerships. Built and directed content and planning teams. Reported to CEO/owner.
● Identified content needs and created original written and video content consistent with the brand identity for customer acquisition, conversion, and retention.
● Developed KPIs and measured against them to gauge the effectiveness of content.
● Increased website visits and subscriber database by over 100%.
● Optimized content for SEO.
● Repurposed and repackaged content for alternative platforms and marketing strategies.
● Worked with external PR agencies to develop outbound marketing strategies media placement.
● Established workflow, standards, guidelines, and brand voice for content creators.
Marketing Manager, Editor and Content Creator
December 2009-February 2017
Mommy Poppins, New York, NY
Created unique web content for all reader platforms (daily newsletters, website, and social media.) Conceived and executed business initiatives and strategic partnerships to increase brand awareness, audience, and revenue. Member of the management team and reported to publisher/owner.
● Produced all public facing consumer events and communications.
● Represented the Mommy Poppins brand in public appearances and media.
● Created calendar for branded content and marketing initiatives.
● Managed, copy edited and fact-checked all listings in the NYC events calendar and directed one assistant calendar editor.
Freelance Writer, Editor and Content Creator
February 2005-December 2009
Self Employed, New York, NY
Pitched editors and wrote features and stories on lifestyle and food-related topics for magazines and websites:
Saveur Magazine, Family Fun Magazine, Pastry Scoop.com, Bon Appetit, Better Homes and Gardens, American Airlines, Disney.com/Go.com, Chile PepperMagazine, MommyPoppins.com, and Mount Sinai Medical Center.
Assistant Editor, Editorial Assistant
September 2003-February 2005
Saveur Magazine, New York, NY
Fact checked articles prior to publication, researched story concepts, and wrote “Pantry” and “Agenda” columns.
Marketing Director, CCB-Paris (L’Oreal USA) 2000- 2003
Marketing + Sales Development Director, Times Mirror Interzines 1999-2000
Marketing Manager, Marvel Entertainment Group 1993-1998
The French Culinary Institute (International Culinary Center), New York NY
Grand Diploma in Culinary Arts
Craft of Food Writing
King’s College , Wilkes-Barre, PA, BS Marketing